Live chat is a great way to engage with your website visitors, and Drift.com is one of our favorite live chat providers. Luckily, it is easy to add Drift to your B12 website!
There are two steps to this quick process, which should take less than 5 minutes: finding your Drift ID and adding the Drift integration to your B12 website.
Find your Drift ID
If you are new Drift user:
- Register for a new account at https://app.drift.com/letsgo/setup/start.
- When you reach the "Start having conversations on your site" step, click on "I’ll install it myself":
- Copy the Drift ID (all the text between the two single quotes). Don't click on "Verify Installation" yet—we'll do that once we've added Drift to your B12 site.
If you already have Drift account:
- Log in to Drift in your browser, go to https://app.drift.com/settings/widget and click on "Install":
- Copy the Drift ID (all the text between the two single quotes).
Add the Drift integration to your B12 site
- Log in to the B12 website editor. If you are having trouble logging in, you can follow these instructions.
- Drift must be installed on each page where you'd like the chat window to pop up. For each page, click on the page's name to see the page details, then click "Add section".
- On the "Add section" screen, click "Add integration"
- Scroll down until you find "Drift Chat", then select it.
- Paste in the Drift ID you copied above, and click submit.
- Drift is now set up! You will see a section with a warning message appear on the page, letting you know that you'll need to preview or publish your site in order to see chat in action.
- If you were in the process of registering a new Drift account, you can now click "Verify Installation" to double-check that the setup was successful:
- Enjoy chatting with your visitors!