Log in to your B12 account at b12.io.
- Click Domains on the left side of your website editor.
- Click the plus button (+) on the top-right of the Custom domain(s) list.
- Type your domain in the field that appears. You must include www before your domain name. (e.g.: www.yourwebsite.com, instead of just yourwebsite.com).
- Click Save
- Copy the CNAME record, which ends in ".b12sites.com".
- Click the 'X' on the top right of the Domains window to close it
Go to domains.google.com and log into your account.
- Look for the domain name that you want to change the DNS settings for.
- Click on DNS
- Scroll down until you see the section titled Custom Resource Records.
For the A record,
- Edit the A Record for the host named "@". It might also be labeled "yourdomain.com".
- Key in B12's IPv4 address: 188.8.131.52 as the destination for the A Record.
- Save the A Record by clicking Add.
For the CNAME,
You need to add a CNAME for the host www.
- First, type www in the first box on the left.
- Next, open the drop down menu and select CNAME.
- Then, paste the CNAME record you copied from your website editor that ends in ".b12sites.com"
- Finally, click Add.
- (Note: If a CNAME for www already exists, simply edit the existing record's address to point to the address ending in ".b12sites.com" you copied from your website editor)
Finally, go back to your B12 website editor and click the purple Publish button in the upper-right corner.
And you're done!
If you need some help, you can send an email to email@example.com.