In case you're wondering why your website isn't appearing even though you have gone live, here is a brief explanation why.
This is because of something called Search engine optimization (SEO).
What goes into SEO?
- Quality of traffic. You can attract all the visitors in the world, but if they're coming to your site because Google tells them you're a resource for Apple computers when really you're a farmer selling apples, that is not quality traffic. Instead you want to attract visitors who are genuinely interested in products that you offer.
- Quantity of traffic. Once you have the right people clicking through from those search engine results pages (SERPs), more traffic is better.
- Organic results. Ads make up a significant portion of many SERPs. Organic traffic is any traffic that you don't have to pay for.
How does SEO work?
- Google (or any search engine you're using) has a crawler that goes out and gathers information about all the content they can find on the Internet. The crawlers bring all those 1s and 0s back to the search engine to build an index. That index is then fed through an algorithm that tries to match all that data with your query
What can I do to improve my SEO?
- If you have the time and have a relatively good understanding of SEO, take some time out to read this Beginner's Guide To SEO.
- If you want to improve your SEO but don't have the time, that's ok! Over here at B12, we do offer SEO services. Simply email us at email@example.com to enquire more about our SEO packages.