Here’s how you add some search engine listing information to your website.
- On the panel on the left side of the screen, click on the Settings tab.
- Once on the settings tab, click on Search engines and once you’re in the SEO Information section, you will see the following screen:
The fields you should fill out are
- Title: Search engines will display this when they link to your website. A general rule of thumb is to keep the most important keyword you wish to communicate to your customers at the beginning of the title. It is recommended to keep the title between 50-60 characters.
💡 Optimal format: [Primary Keyword] - [Secondary Keyword] | [Brand Name]
Example: Dog Walking [Primary Keyword] - Pet Sitting [Secondary Keyword] | Jane’s Dog Walking Service [Brand Name]
- Meta Description: This is a paragraph that search engines show your customers in search results. An optimal description is between 150-160 characters. Example: “Build more meaningful and lasting relationships and connect with your customers across sales, customer service, marketing, communities, apps, analytics, and more using our Customer Success Platform. Try for Free.”
- Favicon: is also known as a website or tab icon. It is a file containing a small icon, associated with a particular website or webpage. This icon does not serve any purpose from an SEO perspective but makes your website identifiable when a user has multiple tabs open. You can use http://www.favicon-generator.org/ to generate a favicon if you don’t have one.
Once you’ve filled out any of these fields, click “Save.”