Create your Ecwid account
- Go to ecwid.com and create your Ecwid account by clicking get started.
- Enter your business information to create your online store. When you are asked if you have a website, select yes. When asked to choose a platform, select Other -- please specify, then enter B12 in the text field.
Add products on Ecwid
- Go to Ecwid Control Panel → Catalog → Products
- Click +Add New Product.
- Add the photo of your first product by clicking Add image. Then add the title and a compelling description. You can also add a video, a photo or code to the description (by clicking on the <> sign).
- Add the base price of your product. The base price is the minimum cost your client will pay for your product. If you add product options, your extra fees will add to or subtract from this base price.
- Your SKU is your inventory number. You may use letters or numbers. If you do not have inventory numbers for your products, you may add whatever you wish here (as long as you know what the number corresponds to).
- Do not forget to add the weights of your products. This is very important for automatic shipping calculations.
- Add the additional photos of your products under the "Gallery" tab.
- Once you're done, it should look something like this!
Still confused? Watch the video below!
Update your store settings
- Review your store’s settings, especially your store’s information, regional settings (e.g., currency), and legal pages (e.g., refund policy, terms and conditions, etc.).
- On the business information screen, enter your B12 website URL.
- If applicable, specify your shipping options.
- Setup your payment methods, such as Paypal, Stripe, Square, etc.
- If you’d like, we recommend matching the look of your store to your B12 site. We recommend allowing Ecwid’s shop to automatically change colors based on your website. If you want more control, select “Design” from the left-hand menu and manually match the colors of your store using Ecwid’s design suite.
- You can also customize how your products appear in the “Design” pane.
- If you have a premium Ecwid subscription, set SEO tags for each item in your store. You can do this by going to your product catalog, selecting a product, and going to the SEO tab and updating the SEO information for the product.
- For further information on how to set up payments, shipping, and more click here.
Access your embed code
Your Ecwid e-commerce store can be inserted in a blank section on your B12 website. An embed code connects your Ecwid store to your B12 website.
- In the Ecwid admin dashboard, click on “All Sales Channels” from the navigation menu on the left.
- Scroll down to Sell on your website section and click on the “Other platforms and sitebuilders” option.
- Click the “Copy code to Clipboard”. This is the code of your Ecwid store.
- Upload the embed code to the B12 system for a B12 designer to add your Ecwid store to your B12 website.
- If you aren't currently working with a B12 designer, you can provide the embed code to a member of our customer support team by emailing us via email@example.com.