Note: You might be paying IONOS unnecessarily, as website hosting is included in every B12 subscription. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Step 1 - Add your domain to your B12 account
1. Log in to the B12 Editor.
2. (Skip this step if you're not ready to publish your site yet)
Click Publish in the top corner and click OK. This opens a new tab in your browser. Let this tab finish loading (it’s ok if it loads an error page) and then close the tab.
3. From the Editor home screen, click Domains.
4. Click Add domain.
5. Enter your domain, starting with www.
- Optional: Check the Make this my primary domain box if you want this domain considered your official domain by search engines.
- Optional: Check Enable email forwarding for this domain if you would like to create a custom email address. See more information here.
6. Click Continue.
7. Your site's A record and CNAME record values will appear. Copy the CNAME record value by clicking the Copy button.
Keep this tab open so you can reference these values, if needed, and finish your domain setup.
Step 2 - Edit your DNS records in your IONOS account
1. In a new tab, log in to IONOS.
2. Select your domain, then select the DNS tab.
3. Delete all of the following records:
- CNAME records with HOST NAME: @ or www
- A records with HOST NAME: @ or www
- AAAA records with the HOST NAME: @ or www
4. Click Add record, then select A.
5. Enter the following:
- Host Name: @
- Points to: 22.214.171.124
- TTL: 1 Hour
6. Click Do not add DNS record for www, then click Save.
7. Click Add record again and select CNAME.
8. Enter the following and click Save:
- Host Name: www (be sure to type this in!)
- Points to: [paste your CNAME value here]
- TTL: 1 Hour
9. Return to the B12 Editor tab and click Continue.
10. Click Complete.
Note: It may take a few hours for your Domain to show as Connected in the Editor, and it may take 24-48 hours for your B12 website to appear on your domain.
If you need help, please reach out to our Support Team at email@example.com.