Payments and Invoicing lets you create professional invoices, send them to clients, and receive payment by credit card or ACH bank transfer.
Verifying your business
Note: You will only have to verify your business once.
1. Log in to the B12 Editor and click Payments and Invoicing.
2. Click Add banking details (this is required for you to accept payments).
Note: If you do not see this button, follow these instructions to edit your business address and include the US as your Country.
3. Through our payment partner, Stripe, you will be prompted to verify your identifying information and bank account. Your business address must be a valid physical address in the United States from which you conduct business and cannot be a P.O. Box.
You are now ready to send invoices and receive payments!
Sending an invoice
1. Click Create Invoice. A preview of the invoice will be generated on the right side of the screen, which you will customize on the left side of the screen.
2. If you want to edit your business contact information that appears under From in the invoice preview, click Edit under Business information, make the edits, and click Save.
3. Click Add new client and enter your client's name and email address. Name and email address are required to send an invoice, while the other information fields are optional. Should you send a new invoice to this client in the future, you'll be able to find them in the Type client name search box.
4. Click Details if you'd like to customize the invoice number, reference number, and add tax.
5. Click Dates and set the Due date. You can customize the Issued date if you're going to save this invoice as a draft and send it later. If you're sending a recurring invoice, customize the Repeat settings.
6. Click Invoice items and click Add item to create a line item.
7. Select Service or Product and click Add new, or search for an existing line item.
8. Enter the line item's title and price (adding a description is optional) and click Save. You can add as many line items as necessary.
9. When you're ready to send the invoice to your client, click Continue. A preview of the email your client will receive will appear on the right side of the screen. On the left side of the screen, you can customize the email's recipients (cc and bcc), subject, and add additional text to the email body.
10. Click Send email. The email will be sent to your client immediately.
If an invoice is unpaid, your client will receive the following automated reminder emails:
A reminder the day before the invoice is due
An overdue reminder the day after the invoice is due
To send an additional reminder email, click the three dots next to the invoice in the Actions column and click Send reminder. You can customize the reminder email, and then click Send email.
When a client pays their invoice, they receive an automated email thanking them for the payment. You will also receive an email from B12 confirming that the payment has been made. You can then see the funds under Payments in your B12 account. Funds available for a payout appear under Available, while funds that appear under Pending will become available for a payout 2-5 business days after you received the confirmation email.
To transfer available funds to your bank account, click Payouts and click Create payout. If you need to change the bank account that is receiving the payment, you can do so under Bank accounts.