Note: B12 can connect your GoDaddy domain for you if you grant us delegate access.
Step 1 - Generate your DNS Records
1. Log in to the B12 Editor.
2. Click Publish in the top corner and click OK. This opens a new tab in your browser. Let this tab finish loading (it’s ok if it loads an error page) and then exit the tab.
3. Refresh ↻ the B12 Editor.
4. Click Domains.
5. Click Connect existing domain.
6. Enter your domain, starting with www.
7. Click Save changes.
8. Click the domain you just connected.
9. Check the Make this my primary domain box if you want this domain considered your official domain by search engines.
10. Click View setup instructions.
11. Copy the CNAME value beneath Set the CNAME record (for www.domain.com) to.
Step 2 - Edit your Domain's Records in GoDaddy
1. Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center.
2. Select your domain name from the list to access the Domain Settings page.
3. On the Domain Settings page, scroll down to Additional Settings and select Manage DNS.
4. Delete any existing A Records with the Name @. Delete any existing CNAMEs with the Name www.
5. Click the blue ADD button and add an A Record with these values:
- Type: A
- Host: @
- Points to: 126.96.36.199
- TTL: 1 Hour
6. Click Save.
7. Click the ADD button again and add a CNAME with these values:
- Type: CNAME
- Host: www
- Points to: Paste the CNAME value you copied from the B12 Editor
- TTL: 1 Hour
8. Click Save.
Your A Record and CNAME should look something like this:
9. Return to the B12 Editor.
10. Click ← Back twice to get to the Home Menu.
11. Click Publish and OK.
Your website should go live on your custom domain within 48 hours!
For additional help, email firstname.lastname@example.org. 😃