Log in to your B12 account at b12.io.
- Once you're logged in, click Domains on the left side of your website editor.
- Click on the '+' symbol next to Custom Domain(s) to add a new domain name.
- Enter your domain name in the Domain field starting with 'www'. Click Save when you have added the domain name.
- Copy the CNAME record as shown below, which ends in ".b12sites.com".
- Click the 'X' on the top right of the Domains window to close it
- Click purple Publish button in the upper-right corner of the website editor to publish the live website to your domain.
Open up a new tab and log in to the account you have with your domain provider (e.g. Google Domains).
- Find your DNS settings. Look for your account admin panel, or your domain management area, or DNS configuration, or similar.
- There are only 2 things you need to change: the A record & the 'www' CNAME.
For the A record,
- Enter or select the @ symbol, or A record.
- Key in B12's IP address: 184.108.40.206 as the destination for the A record.
- Save the A record (click Save, Save Zone File, Add Record, or similar)
For the CNAME,
- Make sure there is a row for the 'www' CNAME record.
- Change your 'www' CNAME's 'value' to the CNAME record you copied from your website editor.
- Click save.
And that's it!
Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for DNS changes to propagate, as a result your website may take up to 24 hours to be live on your domain.
For instructions on publishing your website with specific domain providers, please see below:
- For a GoDaddy domain, click HERE.
- For a WIX domain, click HERE.
- For a Google domain, click HERE.
- For a Weebly domain, click HERE.
If you have any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for support. 😃