Log in to your B12 account at b12.io.
- Click Domains on the left side of your website editor.
- Click the plus button (+) on the top-right of the Custom domain(s) list.
- Type your domain in the field that appears. You must include www before your domain name. (e.g.: www.google.com, instead of just google.com).
- Click Save
- Copy the CNAME record, which ends in ".b12sites.com".
- Click the 'X' on the top right of the Domains window to close it
- Click purple Publish button in the upper-right corner of the website editor to publish the live website to your domain.
Go to domains.google.com and log into your account.
- Look for the domain name that you want to change the DNS settings for.
- Click on DNS
- Scroll down until you see the section titled Custom Resource Records.
For the A record,
- Edit the A Record for the host named "@". It might also be labeled "yourdomain.com".
- Key in B12's IPv4 address: 188.8.131.52 as the destination for the A Record.
- Save the A Record by clicking Add.
For the CNAME,
You need to add a CNAME for the host www.
- First, type www in the first box on the left.
- Next, open the drop down menu and select CNAME.
- Then, paste the CNAME record you copied from your website editor.
- Finally, click Add.
- (Note: If a CNAME for www already exists, simply edit the existing record's address to point to record you copied from your website editor)
And you're done!
If you need some help, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.