What is a domain?
B12 websites have a default domain that ends in .b12sites.com, but it's best to have a custom domain, such as www.mybusinessname.com. Custom domains look professional, are memorable, and help build your brand identity.
How do I get a custom domain?
Connect an existing custom domain:
- If you already have a domain, you can read our guides on connecting your custom domain to your B12 website.
Buy a custom domain:
Domains typically cost around $15-$50/year, depending on their value. (Premium domains may cost much more.)
- You can buy a domain from a domain registrar, such as GoDaddy or Google domains.
- Some domain registrars will encourage you to buy extra features, such as SSL certificates or website hosting. These might not be necessary, so feel free to double-check by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you buy the domain, you can connect it to your B12 website. Check the bottom of this article for instructions for specific domain registrars.
B12 will buy a custom domain for you:
- Every B12 subscription includes one custom domain*. Search for available domains in GoDaddy and email email@example.com to ask us to buy it for you and connect it to your website.
*Domain purchases are subject to availability and pricing exclusions. Our support team can help you indentify domains that can be purchased on your behalf.
Do I need to renew my domain?