Note: You might be paying Wix unnecessarily as website hosting is included in every B12 subscription. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Step 1 - Generate your DNS Records
1. Log in to the B12 Editor.
2. Click Publish in the top corner and click OK. This opens a new tab in your browser. Let this tab finish loading (it’s ok if it loads an error page) and then exit the tab.
3. Refresh ↻ the B12 Editor.
4. Click Domains.
5. Click Connect existing domain.
6. Enter your domain, starting with www.
7. Click Save changes.
8. Click the domain you just connected.
9. Check the Make this my primary domain box if you want this domain considered your official domain by search engines.
10. Click View setup instructions.
11. Copy the CNAME value beneath Set the CNAME record (for www.domain.com) to.
Step 2 - Edit your DNS records in Wix
1. In a new tab, log into Wix.
2. Click Manage Domain.
3. Click Advanced.
4. Click Edit DNS.
5. Delete any existing A Records with the Host Name @. Delete any CNAMEs with the Host Name www.
6. Add an A Record with these values:
- Set the Host Name to your domain name (formatted as yourdomain.com)
- Set Points to to 22.214.171.124
- Set TTL to 1 Hour
7. Add a CNAME with these values:
- Set the Host Name to www + your domain name (formatted as www.yourdomain.com)
- In Points to paste the CNAME value you copied from the B12 Editor.
- Set TTL to 1 Hour.
8. Click Save DNS. Your DNS settings should look something like this, but with your domain name where it says "yourdomain".
9. Return to the B12 Editor.
10. Click ← Back twice to get to the Home Menu.
11. Click Publish and OK.
Your B12 website will now go live on your Wix domain within 48 hours!
For additional help, email email@example.com. 😃