Note: B12 can connect your GoDaddy domain for you if you grant us delegate access.
Step 1 - Add your domain to your B12 account
1. Log in to the B12 Editor.
2. (Skip this step if you're not ready to publish your site yet)
Click Publish in the top corner and click OK. This opens a new tab in your browser. Let this tab finish loading (it’s ok if it loads an error page) and then close the tab.
3. From the Editor home screen, click Domains.
4. Click Add domain.
5. Enter your domain, starting with www.
- Optional: Check the Make this my primary domain box if you want this domain considered your official domain by search engines.
- Optional: Check Enable email forwarding for this domain if you would like to create a custom email address. See more information here.
6. Click Continue.
7. Copy the CNAME Record Value by clicking the Copy button next to it.
Note: Your CNAME Value will end in b12sites.com
Keep this tab open so you can reference these values, if needed, and finish your domain setup.
Step 2 - Edit your Domain's Records in GoDaddy
1. Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center.
2. Select your domain name from the list to access the Domain Settings page.
3. On the Domain Settings page, scroll down to Additional Settings and select Manage DNS.
4. Delete any existing A Records with the Name @.
Delete any existing CNAMEs with the Name www.
5. Click the blue ADD button and add an A Record with these values:
- Type: A
- Host: @
- Points to: 184.108.40.206
- TTL: 1 Hour
6. Click Save.
7. Click the ADD button again and add a CNAME with these values:
- Type: CNAME
- Host: www
- Points to: [Paste the CNAME value you copied from the B12 Editor]
- TTL: 1 Hour
8. Click Save.
Your A Record and CNAME should look like this:
9. Return to the B12 Editor and click Continue.
10. Click Complete.
Note: It may take a few hours for your Domain to show as Connected in the Editor, and it may take 24-48 hours for your B12 website to appear on your domain.
If you need help, please reach out to our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.