Step 1 - Add your domain to your B12 account
1. Log in to the B12 Editor.
2. (Skip this step if you're not ready to publish your site yet)
Click Publish in the top corner and click OK. This opens a new tab in your browser. Let this tab finish loading (it’s ok if it loads an error page) and then close the tab.
3. From the Editor home screen, click Domains.
4. Click Add domain.
5. Enter your domain, starting with www.
Optional: Check the Make this my primary domain box if you want this domain considered your official domain by search engines.
Optional: Check Enable email forwarding for this domain if you would like to create a custom email address. See more information here.
6. Click Continue.
7. Copy the CNAME Record Value by clicking the Copy button next to it.
Note: Your CNAME Value will end in b12sites.com
Keep this tab open so you can reference these values, if needed, and finish your domain setup.
Step 2 - Edit your Domain's Records in Google Domains
1. In a new tab, log in to domains.google.com.
2. Find the domain you want to connect to your website.
3. Click DNS.
4. Go to the Custom Resource Records section.
5. Delete any existing A Records with the name @. Delete any CNAMEs with the name www.
6. Add an A Record with these values:
Set the Name to @
Set the Type to A
Set TTL to 1H.
Set Data to 184.108.40.206
7. Add a CNAME with these values:
Set the Name to www
Set the Type to CNAME
Set TTL to 1H.
In Data paste the CNAME value you copied from the B12 Editor.
The records should look like this:
8. Return to the B12 Editor and click Continue.
9. Click Complete.
Note: It may take a few hours for your Domain to show as Connected in the Editor, and it may take 24-48 hours for your B12 website to appear on your domain.
If you need help, please reach out to our Support Team at email@example.com.